Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Are Republicans Using Conservatives?

The answer to that question seems to be an apparent and emphatic: YES!  I was reading the Conservative news sites that I often frequent and ran across something that is very astonishing for Republicans.  At least so I thought.  They're changing the party rules to make it harder for Conservative activists to impact Republican primaries.

This sounds something right out of the the liberal-progressive playbook.  In fact, I thought the news stories were talking about Democrats, then I read further and realized that it was Republicans changing the rules.

Do Republicans support the Tea Party, or Conservative, agenda or not?  If so, then they need to help us elect Conservative leaders who will implement it.  However, they need to stop treating us like we're stupid because if they doing anything to squelch Conservatives ability to elect our leaders, then we're just going to create our own Conservative National Committee (Conservative Party).

I began to have high hopes for Mitt Romney when he chose Paul Ryan to be his running-mate.  I thought just maybe he is the Conservative he claims to be.  I started thinking maybe his changes in positions really are as sincere as he says they are.  But if he supports these rule changes, then I don't know if I can support Romney for President.

Send a message to the RNC by contacting the Rules Committee delegates and tell them don't change the rules or they will lose their base.

No comments:

Post a Comment